The Multiversal Role Play Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Multiversal Role Play Forum

A forum where everyone can role play in whatever universe they wish. One can even make up their own universe, and invite others to play in it.

+2
StormRebel
A Pesky Alien
6 posters

Project LZR-1134 (Open RP)

Stormwarden

Project  LZR-1134  (Open RP) - Page 3 Empty Re: Project LZR-1134 (Open RP)

Post by Stormwarden Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:39 pm

"Too dark to tell. Looks like the impact did a number on the driver's panel, but I could try to get the lights working. We need a plan, and quickly. If they were LEOs, they'd have been booking it. If they were robbers of any sort, we'd already be in a shootout." Viper was keeping his gaze forward, using his peripheral vision to look to the sides in case unwelcome company showed up from the side windows.

"My guess would be some kind of druggie, but even if bath salts are involved, they'd be a lot more manic than this. Something's rotten here."
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:50 pm

Eliza shifts her weight onto one foot for a moment, then steps out into the aisle, moving slowly towards Viper, "I'd have to guess drugs too, who'd rob a bus?"
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:31 pm

"Someone desperate for drug money. Could be foreign, but they don't act like this. At all. They should already be forcing their way into the bus by now. And I'm sure they wouldn't ignore it when one of their accomplices are gnawing on driver neck. By the way, his name was 'Snuffy.'"

Viper sighed with a huff. "So, should I flip on the headlights, and see if we can find out who they are?"
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:07 am

Viper sighed with a huff. "So, should I flip on the headlights, and see if we can find out who they are?"

Shouldering his back pack, Barry looked through the ruined glass of the windshield and nodded.

"If you know where the switch is, I say go for it. Might as well face what's out there in the harsh light of... well.. headlights."

StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:19 am

Eliza gets back behind one of the seats, resting her arms on the seat in front of her, weapons at the ready, "Go ahead."
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:36 am

"May as well," Celess said with a nod.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:17 am

"All right, everyone, guns on the ready..." Viper carefully placed himself behind the driver's seat, and below the line of fire of his friends, and after some effort, reached the switch for the lights. "Annnd...NOW."

He flipped the switch, and looked on to see what they were dealing with.
    A Pesky Alien
    A Pesky Alien

Post by A Pesky Alien Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:28 am

Outside the bus, the figures that have moved closer are more easily identified. Three males, two females. Two of the males are wearing hospital gowns, one of the females is wearing a nurses uniform, and the reamaining two are wearing police uniforms. In the light, each seems to be sporting various wounds, either clearly visible on the face or neck, or through bloodstains in the clothes. They stare up at the bus as the lights raise, not seeming to care about the headlights straight in their face. They each let out a groan and begin shambling towards the bus. The figure hunched over the driver glances up as well, and stands. The flesh of the figures doesn't seem rotten, but the color is faded.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:41 am

Viper cringed as he looked at them. Most of 'em look fatal, and if they were normal humans, those lights would have blinded 'em, at least for a moment.

Well, shit.

"Holy shit, ZOMBIES!" Viper took aim at the one who killed the driver.
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:47 am

Barry gawked at the shambling forms advancing on the Bus. It took him a moment to collect his wits as his brain finally finished processing what he was seeing.

"Well I'll be buggered... They're REALLY Zombies." He glanced over at Celess and shrugged. "Guess I owe you a coke."

StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:49 am

Eliza blinks, "Well shit."
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:54 am

Ryusukanku wrote:Barry gawked at the shambling forms advancing on the Bus. It took him a moment to collect his wits as his brain finally finished processing what he was seeing.

"Well I'll be buggered... They're REALLY Zombies." He glanced over at Celess and shrugged. "Guess I owe you a coke."

Celess looked at Barry for a moment, then said: "I'll assume you're referring to the soft drink and not the recreational pharmaceutical." She reached under the collar of her black leather peacoat, and pulled out a pair of ear plugs. "That can be discussed after we've escaped the undead. Also I would suggest you plug your ears. A Three-Fifty-Seven is quite loud." She put the plugs into her ears, and pulled her revolver back out.
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:08 am

She reached under the collar of her black leather peacoat, and pulled out a pair of ear plugs. "That can be discussed after we've escaped the undead. Also I would suggest you plug your ears. A Three-Fifty-Seven is quite loud." She put the plugs into her ears, and pulled her revolver back out.

Barry's eyes widened as he saw her plug her ears and draw her pistol. He fumbled in his pants pocket for a moment before fishing out a pair of his own. He had learned a while back that having the habit of carrying a pair with you all the time was better than forgetting them when doing jobs or going to events that got ear-damagingly loud... like rock concerts... or live-fire civil war historical recreations. Soft spongey nubs were stuffed into his canals where they expanded and muffled the world. He then steppe back away from the gun-wielding people to let them do their jobs... while he explored the options surrounding getting off the bus and to the luggage area below the seats.
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:22 am

Eliza groans, "Shoulda brought ear plugs. We can't just shoot them, though, can we? I mean, they're people!"
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:38 am

"I appreciate your position, ma'am, but no matter what the cause of their current state, it is probably incurable, and we would be doing them a disservice by letting them live," Celess replied, with a helpless shrug.  "Also, it is highly probable that whatever caused their state is communicable, and we would be putting more lives in danger if we do not shoot them." The bespectacled woman made this observation while using her free hand to reach into her coat pocket. She found what she was rooting around for, and tossed Eliza a little plastic case containing ear plugs.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:44 am

Viper took his aim, but in truth, did so reluctantly. Deliberately aiming to kill someone went against his training as a bounty hunter. After all, in order to collect, you had to bring them in alive! But seeing Snuffie (my name for the driver) lying face down in his own blood resolidified his mission. The voice of his mentor filled his head.

These things will kill you, eat you, and make you one of them, Red! What will you do if they target you? The people behind you? How about your FAMILY?

That part did it...his brow furrowed as he aimed at the head of that...THING. He inhaled, and squeezed...and watched in grim satisfaction as his bullet found its mark, splattering chunks of brain and bone onto the pavement behind it. He exhaled, and let out a remark. "It's us or them. Don't let it be any of us here, ya hear?"
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:49 am

Needing no further encouragement, Eliza tilts her weapons towards each other a bit, leaning back and closing an eye. She fires two shots, hitting the closest zombie that isn't the one Viper was firing at. She'd hit it, having aimed one shot at the head, one at the chest.
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:47 am

Barry let those better armed than him fill the air with flashes of light, sound and the smell of spent gunpowder.
    He made it his job to carefully make a mental note of the two emergency windows that could be ejected from their moorings on each side of the bus. Then looking up at the ceiling where there was a trapdoor was installed at the front and the back. Barring the main entry at the front all avenues of escape had been located... just in case.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:30 am

Red Viper continued to fire, being careful to take his time with each shot. He aimed at the first one at the front each time. At the same time, he was wary of the fire coming from behind him.

That's the third lesson of bullets. First: they don't age gracefully, second, they need to be stored properly just like the weapon it fires from, and third, once fired, they don't care what they hit.

He was also concerned about what he wasn't seeing. "Hey, anyone in the back, check 9 o'clock, three O'clock, and our six. Make sure none of the bastards are near the windows!"
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:41 am

"On it," Celess said, checking the sides and back.
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:07 am

Unlike Viper, Eliza doesn't seem to be taking her time at all. She's simply letting loose one shot after the other, alternating shots between her two revolvers. Between her two weapons, she's got twelve bullets, and she figures that's more then enough. She'd be.. relatively of accurate. Out of the twelve shots, if she had to use them all, she'd miss about four.
    A Pesky Alien
    A Pesky Alien

Post by A Pesky Alien Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:43 am

(( I sincerely apologize to everyone. I was only planning on being out Friday and coming back Saturday night. That turned into a full weekend. I will be posting again tonight after work. Again I am sorry. ))
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:14 am

I'm ready to get this RP going again. We're in the middle of an action sequence here.
    A Pesky Alien
    A Pesky Alien

Post by A Pesky Alien Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:43 pm

The zombies that took rounds to the head dropped instantly, like rotten sacks of meat. The rest simply shrugged off any impacting bullets and shambled onward. The sounds of gunfire echoed loudly into the night. Off in the distance, similar sounds can be heard, as well as howls and moans on the wind. The zombies scramble closer to the bus, attempting to reach through the shattered windshield.
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:02 pm

"We have runners approaching from the right, and rear," Celess shouted, keeping a watch on the sprinting creatures, taking aim, waiting for them to stop, so she would not waste her ammunition.

Last edited by Werekitty39501 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : course correction)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:26 pm