The Multiversal Role Play Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Multiversal Role Play Forum

A forum where everyone can role play in whatever universe they wish. One can even make up their own universe, and invite others to play in it.

+2
StormRebel
A Pesky Alien
6 posters

Project LZR-1134 (Open RP)

A Pesky Alien
    A Pesky Alien

Project  LZR-1134  (Open RP) Empty Project LZR-1134 (Open RP)

Post by A Pesky Alien Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:19 am

(( As the title says, this is an open RP.  Everyone is welcome to join in!  Feel free to make absolutely any kind of character you want, from a retired clown to a priest, to a midget boxer with a thing for stray cats. Initially I would like to see about four or five characters on this bus ride, as the RP expands more are welcome. ))

Date: August 23rd, 2013. 0212 AM.

In the small city of Saintsville, it was just another average night.  The sky was clear, the roads were empty.  The moon was out just enough to spill light down onto the sleeping streets.  Most people slept, or kept inside during these hours.  Most, but for a few.  The bus drove along quietly, the driver grumbling to himself about his terrible hours.  He was busy thinking of how to spend his weekend, and what bars to visit with his friends.  Every so often he glances back at those sitting in the seats behind him, wondering why they needed a ride at this hour.
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Project  LZR-1134  (Open RP) Empty Re: Project LZR-1134 (Open RP)

Post by StormRebel Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:52 pm

((I forgot to make a backup of my original reply before the site got deleted, so I'll just retype it to my best memory, but shorter.))

Eliza Cross is asleep, laying on one of the seats near the center of the bus, she'd stirred only for a few moments earlier, her icy blue eyes being revealed for a split second before she falls back to sleep. She's wearing blue jeans, black steel-toe boots on her feet. Further up, a black undershirt, with a brown leather jacket, a pair of fingerless gloves hanging from the jacket's front pocket. Beside her seat is a large black backpack with her belongings.
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:17 pm

Celess Risdine sat on her seat, books, and other things taking up the other three seats in her row.  Her laptop was on, and she was typing away at something.  On the floor, held firmly behind her legs, or tucked to her side, closest to the wall, was a rather large blue and gray backpack.  It appeared to be well stuffed with items, and she both guarded it, and was guarded about it.  Before she had spread her books over the seats, anybody who sat with the young bespectacled woman got to listen to her talk about zombie apocalypses.  Namely with the increasing dependence upon technology, and the advent if new technology, especially in the area of genetic and tissue manipulation, a zombie apocalypse was becoming a very real possibility.  This usually lead to the person sitting by Celess moving to a different seat.

So now Celess sat alone, on her laptop.  Either blogging, or playing a game.

Last edited by Werekitty39501 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to mention her "Emergency Zombie Apocalypse Kit".)
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:01 am

((Bringing in Reddick for this campaign. He's wearing his cowboy hat, Black leather jacket, jeans, cowboy boots, and T-shirt. He has his guns strapped in concealed-carry holsters and his badge discreetly hidden away for the night))

Reddick had made himself comfortable for the long trip back to Arizona. He had just finished his latest capture, and had arranged for his payment the usual way: the proceeds went to take care of his family, and keep them supplied, for the time being. He had to deal with the usual spiel at the bus station. Since all the plane tickets were taken and the trains didn't run nearly as frequently as he believed, the bus was the best he had available.

He set his backpack to the side, careful to have his hand on it, and made himself as comfortable as he could be given the situation. At least the girl in front of him was helping him sleep with her talk. ~Zombies, really?~
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:21 am

With his music player plugged into his ears, Barry tapped his knee softly in time to the music as "The Grouch Anthem" ended and turned to Alestorm's "Wenches and Mead".

All in all it had been a good time out at the LARP. Everyone had fun and he had time to mingle, network and make new contacts with those that attended.
    He watched as the scenery passed by in the form of shadow and streetlights. It would be good to get back to the shop. He enjoyed getting out whenever he could and he did have competent employees at Barry Barnes’ Bicycle Bastion so he never had to worry about losing money, it's just he enjoyed the simple comforts of home.

A Pesky Alien
    A Pesky Alien

Post by A Pesky Alien Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:03 am

The bus bounced along quietly for a short while longer, the Driver humming various tunes to himself. After a few minutes, a police cruiser screams by, alarms blazing. The driver is forced to pull over as several more vehicles mimic the first, along with an ambulance and a fire truck. After checking the road behind him, the Driver slowly pulls the bus back onto the road and turns on his radio, wanting some music to break the silence of the night.
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:10 pm

Eliza, who was most happily sleeping, is rudely awoken by the passing sirens. She falls out of her seat, having not expected such a rude awakening. She groans, and she'd get back up, taking her seat again, "Ow."
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 pm

Celess looked up at the sound of the sirens, bracing herself against the seats, watching as the various emergency vehicles pass the bus by. She types one last thing on her laptop, then shuts it down, and begins packing up her things. Next she, after checking the other seats to see if anybody's watching her, pulls out two revolvers, one after the other, checking to see if they were fully loaded before putting them back into their concealed holsters. She then began to watch both her window, and the windshield with a fervent intensity.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:06 pm

"Gah!" Reddick awoke with a shock, and by instinct, had his hand near his holster. He took a moment to look at his window, and see the emergency vehicles pass by. He let out a brief huff and leaned back again, deciding to look around at the other passengers. The one in front of him was putting her laptop away, seemingly done with whatever she was doing and seemed to bundle up briefly.

In all fairness, it is a cold night. Maybe I have a spare blanket in my pack. He noticed another, shaken awake by the passing vehicles, get back up and retaking her seat. But he was most curious about the one in front of him, who was now eyeing both her window and the windshield. This made him curious.

He rolled his head around briefly. The bus was not the greatest place to sleep. Truth be told, I'd be more comfortable outdoors on a rock than on these cushions. Still, what is she so nervous about?

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked the woman in front of him.
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:15 pm

"I'm fine," Celess replied to the man behind her. "It's just something's happening, and I don't want it to take me by surprise. The most detrimental thing in any emergency is panic."
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:10 pm

Eliza rubs her eyes, picking up her pack and setting it on her seat beside her as she listens to the two near here. She rummages through her pack a bit, "Not like that emergency effects you. Was probably just a fire or something."
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:15 pm

"Maybe.  Still doesn't hurt to be aware of your surroundings," Celess observed. "By the way, are you familiar with firearms?"
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:30 pm

"I am. Very familiar. Why do you ask?"
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:39 pm

Eliza leans back in her seat a bit, yawning. She closes her pack, keeping it close to her, though.
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:59 pm

"I was asking her, but it's good to know that I'm not the only one on here that can use one," Celess observed.
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:31 am

Eliza blinks, nodding a bit, "In that case, I am, yes."
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:49 am

"Fantastic, we have three people familiar with firearms, and so we have a means of defence should we need it," Celess observed nodding. "I have emergency supplies, so if anything goes seriously fruit-shaped, we're prepared... Just in case, anybody familiar with how to use a Springfield Armory M6 Scout Rifle?"
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:57 am

Eliza blinks again, just staring at the odd woman, "Why do you ask? Are you carrying one?"
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 am

"That's a little specific for a hypothetical, isn't it?" Now Reddick was starting to get concerned. What is she so worried about?
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:21 am

"Four of us familiar with them. But who's counting." Barry said quietly as he rooted about in his back pack. The lights of the emergency vehicles had vanished into the distance by the time he found his handy crank-powered emergency radio.
    It's ability to recharge portable electronic devices was very handy for people who were on the go and often went to locations where working outlets were few and far between. This was not really the reason he wanted it right now. Swapping the earbud plug from his music player to the radio he switched it on to it's primary use and scrolled the dial to a local station, hoping to catch some news. If the emergency was big enough it may delay his arrival at the bus station, and if so he'd rather give his housemates who were picking him up the news so they could adjust their own plans accordingly.
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:27 am

"Four? Fantastic. And yes, I do happen to have an M6. It's a handy emergency firearm, with two modes of fire," Celess said, still watching the windows. "It's folded up, and tucked in my emergency kit, for now, but if needed, its readily available with ammo convenient."
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:31 am

Eliza just stares at the other woman on the bus, "In what situation would you need a scout rifle?"
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:43 am

"In case you need to stop a rampaging scoutmaster?"
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:45 am

"Er... I was on this bus, when you boarded it in South Carolina, and every time I've had anybody sit next to me, I've generally talked about the same thing," Celess observed with a chuckle.  "So you've either stopped hearing it, or have been using it to get back to sleep, which is fine, but I'm sure just why I would carry one or two either folding or disassemblable rifles on my person in something I call an 'emergency kit' would have sunk in in the three to four states we've passed through to get to Pennsylvania... And no, not to stop a rampaging scoutmaster. There are some people who consider me to be somewhat insane for preparing for what is commonly called a 'zombie apocalypse', but my kit has helped in other emergencies, including four tornadoes, three hurricanes, two blizzards and a flash flood."
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:47 am

Eliza sighs, "Pennsylvania. Wonderful." She sits back in her seat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:22 am