The Multiversal Role Play Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Multiversal Role Play Forum

A forum where everyone can role play in whatever universe they wish. One can even make up their own universe, and invite others to play in it.

4 posters

Witty Survival-ey Title to be added later.

StormRebel
    StormRebel

Witty Survival-ey Title to be added later. - Page 3 Empty Re: Witty Survival-ey Title to be added later.

Post by StormRebel Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:44 am

She nods, "Yes. We get some sea water, put the shell over a fire, have the water boil, pour it out. We'll have a clean shell for a bowl. Can use both sides or just the one."
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Witty Survival-ey Title to be added later. - Page 3 Empty Re: Witty Survival-ey Title to be added later.

Post by Werekitty39501 Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:52 am

"Clever. Though I do have a mess kit," Celess observed. "I just need to figure out some form of distillation for salt water, since we haven't found a source of fresh water, as yet."
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:56 am

"Just need a strainer of some sort. Could boil water in the turtle shell and strain it."
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:57 am

Willy lunged and slapped his hat down over the crab, effectively trapping it. He lay in the sand a moment before peeking under the had briefly before slowly rising to his knees and using the stick to keep the crab in his hat as he turned it upside down so he could carry it.

"Good news everybody! If you can get me a frying pan or something, I got the main course right here."

Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:10 am

Celess is currently facepalming. "Eliza," she said with obvious strained patience. "You can not simply 'strain' salt out of sea water... Oh and hello Doctor Farnsworth, I didn't know you were with us... A crab. You've caught a crab. Clever."
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:14 am

Eliza sets the shell on the sand in front of her, "Do with it as you will, just don't not use it." She moves over and picks up her duffle.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:17 am

Viper, for his part, kept wandering the jungles. He had found a small lake, but the animal carcass in it told him that gathering water from it was a bad idea. He marked it anyway. He could always dig nearby and gather water from there. He had better luck just a little further away. A running creek, with fresh water in it. He checked it to be sure, and marked it on his map, before gathering enough water to return with.
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 am

Willy put his crab-holding hat on the ground near the cooking area and went to where he had left his Gym Bag and a medium-sized suitcase.

"Well, yeah it's a crab. Do you know how much you normally would have to pay for one of these at a store? Hmmm. Did I remember to pack some cooking utensils this time?
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:36 am

Celess grabbed the turtle shell and clamped it over Willy's hat to keep the crab from escaping. "I have a mess kit," Celess said calmly. I need some manner of tubing. Or a way to drill out the separations between the segments of a bamboo stalk." Celess pulled out the frying pan from her kit and set it by the turtle shell. "I will boil out the turtle shell, later. Also, I would need some manner of plastic sheeting, for an alternative to boiled distilling."
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:39 am

Eliza sits up against a rock, pulling out her Barrett and checking it again quietly.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:54 am

Viper returned to seeing the camp in a scurry of activity. "Good news, Ah found some fresh water." He held up several large condoms, each one loaded with about a quart of water. Ah also found a dead animal in one of the lakes. Ah'll have to go back in the mornin' and get it outta there so it stops contaminatin' that lake." He sat back down, and pulled off his boots, checking his feet for any issues.

"So what's th'plan fer nightfall?"
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:58 am

"Ok. Simple option is for me to boil the sucker and then make a soup from the meat afterwards. Any objections? ...from you guys. The Crab's objections are overruled right now."

Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 am

"I was intending to make torches, Mister Krebs has caught a crab, and I was going to make a stew out of some of my freeze dried vegetables and meats, but... It appears we're having seafood and stewed veggies, sans meat," Celess observed, picking up one of the condoms. "And you're familiar with the other uses for these things. Some people have no imagination."
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Willy smiled and unrolled a leather pouch, displaying a modest assortment of cooking utensils.

"The land has bounty if you look hard enough for it. Granted my knowledge is limited but I did work in my mom's health food store growing up so I can recognise SOME wild vegetable products. Next time we're at those lakes you mentioned we can look for stuff like wild onions. No promises we'll find them, just a possibility."

Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:31 pm

"Fair enough, but we'll have to clean up the lakes first. I found a carcass in one, and Ah wasn't game enough to dig it out without someone else ta make sure no accidents happened."
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:53 am

"And of course somebody to watch your back in case of wild animals, and assorted other happenings and occurrences.'
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:01 pm

Eliza raises her hand from her position by a rock, "I could cover his back. I'd need a couple hours to repair my sidearms, though, they're pretty beaten up from the crash."
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:55 pm

"Yeah, and Ah need to clean mine as well. We'll have ta pay a lot more attention to our weapons between the sand and the salt water. Rust will be an issue."
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:40 am

"Good point. The humidity around here's gonna change the game for a lot of stuff, and of course local plants and animals. There's no telling what we'll find out there. Islands can wind up with some really weird ecosystems because sometimes some guy thinks it's a great place to grow bananas, or to toss a few wild boar so he can come back and hunt them later. Next thing you know, the ecosystem has gotten REEEEEELY interesting."

Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:08 am

"Looks like clothin' will be a concern too. We'll really have to work ta keep our powder dry here. Between the humidity, and the salt in the air, we're gonna have a hell of a time doin' any form of maintenance."
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Eliza stands, picking up her bag, "We may want to set up a work area for such things later down the line, depending how long we're here. Preferably somewhere dry, with a flat, solid table to work on. It's going to be kind of hard to mend equipment on the sand, and it'll be hell if you accidently drop a small piece, and gotta dig through the sand to find it."
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:58 pm

"Ah'm thinkin' we should check fer wreckage. How much y'all wanna bet that we aren't the first people heah? With any luck, we might find somethin' useful along the shores. Ah'm goin' back inta the jungles anyway so Ah can bring back some raw materials."
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 am

"This is only a temporary shelter, for the night. I would suggest Going further inland, for anything permanent. We would need shelter from wind and waves, as well as a substantial clearing for any shelters, workshops, and other vital buildings we may wish to build."
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:30 am

"Then we'll need ta make some maps. But that sun is comin' down in a hurry. We'd better finish up the shelters then, and eat up while we have a chance."
    Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

Post by Ryusukanku Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:45 pm

"Right. You want me to focus on dinner or do you people need a hand with the shelters?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:51 pm