The Multiversal Role Play Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Multiversal Role Play Forum

A forum where everyone can role play in whatever universe they wish. One can even make up their own universe, and invite others to play in it.

3 posters

Character Creation

Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Character Creation Empty Character Creation

Post by Werekitty39501 Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:03 pm

What system should we use, if we need stats, and the like, for dice rolls?
    Stormwarden

Character Creation Empty Re: Character Creation

Post by Stormwarden Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:24 pm

I lean towards old World of Darkness, but I'm not sure everyone is familiar with the system.

Pros: Very adaptable for almost every concept while still allowing for advancement, only need d10s, merits and flaws optional.

Flaws: Like a bubble test (as you mentioned in chat), not sure about how familiar everyone is.
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:23 am

I was going to suggest if someone could hand type a system. Personally, all my experience with tabletop RP have been very loose, and I never used a set system. Most of the RPs I did, my group made up our own stat system.
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:20 pm

Kitty asked me to post this after I told her about it. What a group of friends and I used to do when we roleplayed was an adaptation of the SPECIAL system from the Fallout games. This being that you have 5 points in Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, and Luck, and 5 more points to spend for a total of 40 points. You can remove points from any of the base 5 to give you more, but overall you can only use a maximum of the 40 points. The game master or dungeon master would often roll skill checks for certain things, and the number of points would effect your ability, and go into account when rolling the die. For example, Strength would effect melee weapons, how effective you are at moving heavy objects, how much weight you can carry, and the like. Perception would allow you to see things from further distances, increase your chances to hit when firing weapons, and make you more aware at night or in otherwise low-light conditions. Endurance effected your health, and how much damage you could take. Charisma was of course how good you were with people. Intelligence affected how smart you are, how good at solving puzzles (if there are any), your skill with electronics or science, and the like. Agility was your chance to dodge attacks, how fast you could move, and how stealthy you could be. Luck was your chance at finding rarer loots while scavenging, finding ammunition, and other things that would be considered Lucky. The higher the Luck skill, the DM makes better things happen to you, the lower, the DM makes bad things happen to you every so often with very few good things. The system for how the SPECIAL points work in relation to rolling a die or dice wasn't ever fully worked out, so we'd still need to make that up.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:43 pm

That sounds like a plan to me. Fallout, I'm familiar with.
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

Post by Werekitty39501 Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:09 pm

Same here.  Especially if we could use the perks. Perks would be awesome. Not sure how Wild Wasteland would translate, though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Post by StormRebel Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05 pm

Totally forgot about perks. We'd still need to come up with a way to incorporate rolls into it-- if we want to use a die that is. Otherwise, we can just have the DM perform speech checks (i.e. 'You must have atleast Strength 7 to move this' etc.)

Perks would be super fun, though.. there's alot of them to choose from. As for Wild Wasteland.. not sure if we'd be able to really use that one. We could, though! Depends how silly we want to get, as all Wild Wasteland does in New Vegas is adds some strange events here and there.
    Stormwarden

Post by Stormwarden Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:50 pm

I'm thinking we use percentile dice, but even those will become trivial before too long into the campaign.That said, this would make the most sense for the current zombie campaign.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:26 pm