The Multiversal Role Play Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Multiversal Role Play Forum

A forum where everyone can role play in whatever universe they wish. One can even make up their own universe, and invite others to play in it.

2 posters

2002 Master of the Universe RP (Re-reposted. Third time's the charm)

Ryusukanku
    Ryusukanku

2002 Master of the Universe RP (Re-reposted. Third time's the charm) Empty 2002 Master of the Universe RP (Re-reposted. Third time's the charm)

Post by Ryusukanku Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:28 am

Reposted from the original Forum, and the second one

OK I know this might seem a little out-there but hey, it's an idea for a setting.

When it first aired I found myself coming to the conclusion that the 2002 version of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe was a great updating of the original version. Things like giving characters such as Skeletor a background story, having fight scenes that looked decent and actually making it so a teenaged Prince Adam looked nothing like his adult heroic alter-ego He-Man were just the kind of material that appealed to me.

Eternia is rich with ancient ruins, strange magics, interesting technologies, exotic locations and races to choose from. Also one would not need to even be affiliated with good guys.

Perhaps one of the rules I'd suggest for such a game would be that your character has to 'Toyetic' in some manner.
    In essence you have to be able to envision them as an Action-Figure with some manner of special feature. A unique weapon, an animal companion, a signature 'move' or something unusual in the design.
    Think of what the original toy line brought to the table. Spring-loaded legs, Battle-damage armor, unusual scents imbedded in the plastic, Rotating faces, extendable necks... etc etc. You could have fun making up a character for this.

What do you think folks?

Any potential here?
    Werekitty39501
    Werekitty39501
    Admin

2002 Master of the Universe RP (Re-reposted. Third time's the charm) Empty Re: 2002 Master of the Universe RP (Re-reposted. Third time's the charm)

Post by Werekitty39501 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:40 am

Like I said, last time, I like the new version, mainly because it had more storytelling, and less recycled plotlines.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:15 am