The Multiversal Role Play Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Multiversal Role Play Forum

A forum where everyone can role play in whatever universe they wish. One can even make up their own universe, and invite others to play in it.

Darker Than Black

StormRebel
    StormRebel

Darker Than Black Empty Darker Than Black

Post by StormRebel Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:42 pm

Darker Than Black's an anime that I've been watching a lot lately and while I've yet to finish to the first season, I'm really loving it. The basic plot is that ten years ago, a mysterious spacial anomaly known as "Hell's Gate" appeared in Tokyo, altering the sky and wreaking havoc on the landscape. The real stars disappeared, replaced by false stars. During this time, people possessing various special abilities emerged, each capable of different supernatural feats - these are known as Contractors. Each Contractor has a corresponding fake star, which reacts to their activities. Kept secret from the public, these individuals are known to murder in cold blood, smothering unnecessary emotions with logic and rationale. Their abilities, however, are gained at a cost. Contractors are thus named because of an involuntary compulsion to "pay the price" each time their power is used, which can range from simple things like eating certain plants, cooking, or in the case of the main character of Season 1, eating a lot of food to causing self-harm such as breaking one of their own fingers, or changing their bodies in strange ways.

In the actual show, the main characters seem to switch up each season. In the first, the main characters are, in order of importance: Hei, Yin, Mao, and Huang. Though the characters change, Hei seems to be the character the show revolves around and Mao, a form changer who can jump into the bodies of different animals, is also present throughout the show, albeit in different forms each time. In season 1 he's in the form of a cat. Hei is a Chinese contractor, who performs various espionage and assassination missions under order from the Syndicate, a mysterious organization that caused the United States to lose it's dominance over other super powers in the world. Hei possesses the ability to generate electricity in deadly concentrations, and his price for using them is to eat a lot of food. I could go into time explaining him further, and the other characters, but for the sake of this post getting super long I won't.

Whatcha think? Anyone interested in this?
    StormRebel
    StormRebel

Darker Than Black Empty Re: Darker Than Black

Post by StormRebel Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:47 pm

A couple sources for further info:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:32 am